Identity Theft

What to do if someone steals your ID

Identity Theft: Creditors

A Publication of the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse

5. Handling problems with your existing credit or debit accounts.

If your existing credit or debit accounts have been used fraudulently, report it in writing immediately to the credit card company.

Request replacement cards with new account numbers. In addition to phoning the credit card company regarding the fraud, you will need to follow up in writing and will likely be asked to provide a fraud affidavit or a dispute form.

Send the letter to the address given for "billing inquiries," not the address for sending payments.

Carefully monitor your mail and bills for evidence of new fraudulent activity. Report it immediately.

Add secure passwords to all accounts . These should not be your mother's maiden name or any word that is easily guessed.



Multiple Sclerosis

Approx 2.5 million people worldwide, have Multiple Sclerosis.

Types of Website

Building a hobby website is probably the easiest site to create since you are entirely your own person when it comes to the choice of information you choose to present, and how you choose to do so... Read More