Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Glossary
Glossary - B
- balanitis - inflammation of the head of the penis usually as a result of infection
- blepharitis - inflammation of the eyelids
- blindness - being without sight; or, having a maximal visual acuity after correction by refractive lenses, of one-tenth normal vision or less (20/200 or less on the Snellen test).
- brain edema - excessive accumulation of fluid in the brain; causes include trauma, tumor, and increased permeability of capillaries as a result of anoxia or exposure to toxic substances
- breast engorgement - the painful overfilling of the breasts with milk
- bursitis - inflammation of the fluid-filled sac (bursa) that lies between a tendon and surrounding tissue, or between a tendon and bone